Bijaya Adhikari, Ph.D.
My research interest lies in data mining and machine learning, with a focus on dynamical processes (e.g. spread of misinformation, diseases, failures) on large networks (e.g. web, population contact networks, critical infrastructures). My recent work include AI for influenza forecasting, e-commerce search and fraud detection, outbreak detection in hospitals, network embedding, community detection, and network summarization.
As a member of the Computational Epidemiology Group, I primarily investigate problems motivated by public health such as propagation of diseases via contact network, forecasting outbreaks of infectious diseases, and designing optimal surveillance systems.
Research Interests (Keywords)
Computational Epidemiology, Data Mining, Machine Learning, AI for Social Good
- Designing Effective and Practical Interventions to Contain Epidemics. Prathyush Sambaturu, Bijaya Adhikari, B. Aditya Prakash, Srinivasan Venkatramanan, and Anil Vullikanti. International Conference on Autonomous Agents and Multiagent Systems (AAMAS 2020), May 2020, Auckland, New Zealand.
- Fast and Near-Optimal Monitoring for Healthcare Acquired Infection Outbreaks. Bijaya Adhikari, Bryan Lewis, Anil Vullikanti, Jose Mauricio Jimenez, and B. Aditya Prakash. PLoS Computational Biology, 2019
- EpiDeep: Exploiting Embeddings for Influenza Forecasting. Bijaya Adhikari, Xinfeng Xu, Naren Ramakrishnan and B. Aditya Prakash. ACM SIGKDD Conference on knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (KDD 2019), August 2019, Anchorage, Alaska
- NetGist: Learning to generate task-based network summaries. Sorour E. Amiri, Bijaya Adhikari, Aditya Bharadwaj, and B. Aditya Prakash. IEEE International Conference on Data Mining (ICDM 2018), November 2018, Singapore
- Sub2Vec: Feature Learning for Subgraphs. Bijaya Adhikari, Yao Zhang, Naren Ramakrishnan, and B. Aditya Prakash. Pacific-Asia Conference on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining (PAKDD 2018), June 2018, Melbourne, Australia
- Near-optimal Mapping of Network States using Probes. Bijaya Adhikari, Pavan Rangudu, B. Aditya Prakash, and Anil Vullikanti. SIAM International Conference on Data Mining (SDM 2018), May 2018, San Diego, USA
- Propagation based Temporal Network Summarization. Bijaya Adhikari, Yao Zhang, Sorour E. Amiri, Aditya Bharadwaj, and B. Aditya Prakash. IEEE Transactions on Knowledge and Data Engineering (TKDE 2018)